Webinars for Conservation Coaches
Here you will find virtual training opportunities hosted by CCNet and collaborators to help advance the professional development of conservation coaches.
Hosted in 2017 by CCNet Europe, with Ilke Tilders, Arlyne Johnson and Judy Boshoven from Foundations of Success (FOS)
Adult learning: Did a PowerPoint teach you to ride a bicycle? Why understanding adult learning principles is critical for teaching and facilitating the Open Standards:
Hosted by CCNet Europe in 2016 with Amielle DeWan and Hanna Lenz (IFAW).
Climate-smart Conservation Standards:
Regularly hosted and sponsored by the Conservation Measures Partnership (CMP), including:
- Conservation Essentials: Vital skills for Implementing and Managing Conservation Efforts: Presenters: Marika Suval, Felix Cybulla, Arlyne Johnson
- Testing, Improving, and Rolling Out CMP’s Conservation Audit Tool: Presenters: Elizabeth O’Neill, Sheila O’Connor
jointly hosted by Elizabeth O’Neill from EON Impact Consulting, LLC, and CCNet North America on February 22 and 23, 2018.
Regularly hosted by the Miradi User Group.
The TAM Network hosts informative webinars on experiences with teaching the Conservation Standards in academic settings. Including:
- Lessons learned from the Conservation Planning course at the Nelson Institute for Environmental Studies at University of Wisconsin-Madison. Co-hosted by the TAM Network and Dr. Arlyne Johnson in 2016.
- Innovative Online Formats for Academic Courses in the OS. Co-hosted by the TAM Network and Dr. Heather Eves with Virginia Tech and Johns Hopkins in 2015.
In 2020 CCNet started hosting trainings on virtual coaching. Including:
Introduction to Virtual Coaching: Hosted in 2020 by Marcia Brown (FOS) and Cristina Lasch (TNC), in collaboration with Caroline Stem (FOS/CMP), Clair Dougherty (Bush Heritage Australia), Felix Cybulla (Independent/CCNet SEA), Natalie Holland and Olivia Millard (TNC/CCNet Global).
- Using Mural, a virtual whiteboard, to coach remotely (August 27 – 28, 2020): In this webinar, hosted by Olivia Millard /TNC/CCNet Global), Armando Valdés (FOS) and Felix Cybulla (Independent/CCNet SEA), participants can learn all about Mural and how to use it to coach project teams.