Teaching Adaptive Management Network
Welcome to the online home of the Teaching Adaptive Management (TAM) Network!
The TAM network serves faculty, staff, students, and coaches who are involved or interested in adaptive management courses at universities or other academic institutions. Through TAM, members share tried-and-tested resources, experiences, and insights for bringing the Open Standards to the classroom and integrating adaptive management training into applied conservation curricula. Find out how to start a course, find a course near you or check out our webinar series.
You may be asking yourself, why teach an academic course in adaptive management?
Academic courses that bring together students and practitioners to apply the OS to real conservation projects has proven time and again to be a win-win collaboration.
- An opportunity to systematically apply the OS to their work
- Useful draft management plans and recommendations
- A cadre of prospective staff / interns with AM skills
- Fluency in Open Standards – looks great on a resume!
- An opportunity to gain hands-on experience applying AM skills to real-world projects
- Exposure to the realities and challenges of conservation practice
The Teaching Adaptive Management Network leader is:
Senior Program Officer, Foundations of Success
You can also contact the following TAM core team members:
Foundations of Success
Freelance Consultant, Global Change Management & Miradi Team