Do you know we have a CMP-CCNet Committee that reviews Conservation Standards guidance?
With an increasing amount of Conservation Standards guidance being produced, it can be challenging for conservation practitioners to find the best materials on a particular topic or the most appropriate guidance or tool for their specific needs.
In 2014, a joint Guidance Committee was formed between the Conservation Measures Partnership and the Conservation Coaches Network to help curate guidance resources. This group of experienced practitioners and trainers meets regularly to vet Conservation Standards guidance and tools upon request, describe them, rate them, and provide feedback to the authors for improvement.
You can learn more about what the Committee does and does not vet, the ranking system, the criteria used to vet guidance, and how they deal with different languages here. If you have guidance materials related to the Conservation Standards that you would like the Committee to review, or if you would like to join the Committee, please contact Marcia Brown.
Below is a list of case studies and guidance recently reviewed by the committee:
Place-based Conservation Plans
- Altai-Sayan Ecoregion Conservation Strategy
- Strategic Plan for the Axios Delta, Greece
- Natural Resource Management Plan for Anaho Island National Wildlife Refuge
Species Conservation Plans
- Strategic Plan for Painted Dog Conservation
- Reddish Egret Conservation Action Plan
- Measuring the Effectiveness of State Wildlife Grant Projects
Full-Cycle Adaptive Management
- Using Systematic Monitoring to Evaluate and Adapt Management of a Tiger Reserve in Northern Lao PDR
- Territory Natural Resources Management Plan (Australia)
- WCS Ecuatorial Guinea Mid-Term Assessment and Strategic Planning Report
Monitoring & Evaluation Design
Organizational Leaders and Program Managers